Monday, June 30, 2008

Great Weekend


One of my best friends from high school came to visit me in SF last weekend, and we drove to check out Stanford Business School for him before going to an 80s cover band concert on Friday night. The next morning, we biked around the perimeter of Angel Island, which was reachable by ferry and surprisingly lovely. The bike ride took about 1.5 hours, and the best part was how you could get a 360 degree view of San Francisco bay and how each part of the path gave you a slightly different by no less breathtaking view of the colorful houses, blue water, and white sailboats. I liked how the scenic view changed as you labored around the island, the changing nature was perhaps one of my favorite parts. It's weird, I told Leo, how after we visited Alcatraz 2 years ago, that I would not visit Alcatraz more than once, but I would definitely visit Angel Island again.
On Sunday, we visited Napa and tasted wine at Freemark Abbey, Louis Martini (hands down the best cabs in terms of taste & value, all 5 wines were amazing and I couldn't dump a single drop), V Sattui, Mondavi, and Opus One (ridiculous and excellent $30 tasting of one extremely hyped- up wine). We also saw the view from Artesa.
Today in medicine, it made me happy to think that only yesterday I was in Napa. :-)

1 comment:

kim said...

My God. Alcatraz was two friggin years ago?!

And My God. That's a friggin hot outfit :)