Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Beer and Science


Last Friday, a few medical school classmates hosted a Beer and Science night, featuring a presentation on Alex Fay's work which brought him fame as the cover boy of "Cell" earlier this year. UCSF sponsored the beer, which was all specialty beer hand-picked by Alex.

Here is the email:

"Dear Colleagues,

For those interested, I will be giving a talk tomorrow (Friday) evening covering the following topics:
I. A Brief Timeline of Beer History
II. How is Beer Made?
III. The Cell Biology of Gap Junction Localization
IV. Some Beers that I Like
V. Some Places that I Like to Drink Beers that I Like

In addition, thanks to funding from our class reps, there will be plenty of high quality strong beer for your enjoyment.

There are also a few root beers for the teetotalers.

Please let me know if you need my powerpoint slides in advance.

Hope to see you there,
Alex"

It was great! We got to learn about beer and drink gap junctions. :-)

No comments: