Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

HNHM 2005
Telephone call at 11:30 a.m.
S: Hi Mom! Happy Mother's day!
M: Ah, I knew it was you. Samantha called at 10 a.m. this morning and Jeremy thought it was you.
S: [mentally: Crap, I'm the last kid to call] Oh...
M: Yeah, but I knew it couldn't be you because you never wake up until noon.
S: Yeah...Oh, and I'm sorry that I forgot to send you a card this year!
M: That's okay, your brothers gave me two pink roses and signed a cute pop-up card with all of your names. And Samantha sent me a card and signed your name too, so you're covered.
S: [mentally: Oh, crap, I'm the only kid who didn't send a card] Oh, okay, that's cool. Well, give me a call if you want to chat or anything.
M: Okay, and I know that if I ever want to check up on you, I can always read your blog.
S: Yeah, okay.
M: We're going hiking now, bye!
S: Bye Mom!
Wow, I'm officially the "slow" kid on Mother's Day.
Whenever you get around to reading this blog, Mom, I just want to say, "I LOVE YOU!"

No comments: