Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Perks of Being a Blogflower

Last month, I blogged about going to a mash-up, Bootie SF, at the DNA Lounge.
Here is my excerpt:
"Attended a mash-up called Bootie SF with some friends from medical school. A few weeks ago in Vegas, a girl accidentally burned my right index finger with her cigarette while clubbing at TAO. It was an accident, but it was bizarre. Saturday night, while dancing at Bootie SF, DJ Axel from LA was throwing copies of his new album into the crowd. I raised my arm to get one, and he threw one at me, but the CD hit me in the face and cut my left cheek. And I STILL didn't get the CD. Yet another entertaining nighttime injury. I'm going to be like one of those biker pirates with a leather eyepatch and a story behind every scar. Chicks dig scars, right?"
I wasn't mad or upset, the anecdote was more along the lines of "Why do I suck at life?" and other such self-deprecatory musings.
Later...to my GREAT surprise, I found a comment attached to that entry from none other than DJ Axel!
"Hi Stephanie,I just came across your blog. Sorry about cutting your cheek with my CD! Email me your address at axel@djaxel.com and I'll mail you the CD. Thanks for coming out to Bootie! -Axel"
You know those days when you say something to no one in particular like "Gee, I wish I had a donut," and then a big yellow donut falls out of the sky into your hand? Imagine my surprise that this little medical school blog attracted the attention of...a really famous DJ.
So I emailed DJ Axel my mailing address and I received this album this afternoon in the mail! He is so incredibly nice! I love it! Yay for DJ Axel! -HUGS-

No comments: