Friday, March 30, 2007

Adios, Canvas Gallery

Image of Canvas Gallery from its website
I hate it when you fall in love with a person, place, or thing (e.g. a noun) and find out that your beloved noun is not long for this world. Hence, I've always walked past a cafe near UCSF (on 9th and Lincoln) called the Canvas Gallery, felt my interest piqued, and never walked inside until last Wednesday. The cafe is amazing with hip exhibits by local artists, ample space to rest and chill out, and an artsy fartsy atmosphere. Unfortunately, the cafe is closing on April 29th due to financial hardship. Ouch, it hurt a little to think of what might-have-been.
So even though I've already fallen in love with this newfound gem in my neighborhood, the taste of this brief encounter is one of my favorite flavors: bittersweet.

No comments: