Thursday, March 15, 2007

Another Typical Day

Sorry, my camera is broken! No cool pictures of SF!

8 a.m.- 9:30 a.m. Liver physiology lecture
9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. Liver histology lecture. I fell asleep.
12 p.m. - 1 p.m. Synapse lunch meeting!
1 p.m.- 6 p.m. Preceptorship at Kaiser SF with a medical oncologist whom I shadow every Thursday afternoon to practice my clinical skills in a real life setting. Every week, UCSF medical students travel to different clinics in the Bay area to work with physicians. I enjoy working with my preceptor and his patients and learning more about oncology. :-) I also fell asleep there today, too. Nothing personal.

I think that I have low-grade narcolepsy. Maybe study-induced attention deficit disorder (SIADD). Or maybe just "medical student syndrome," in which medical students convince themselves that they have every disease being studied. Lately, I've been catching myself thinking, "Hey, I think that I have that one!" So far, I've falsely diagnosed myself with anemia, celiac sprue, and peptic ulcer disease. Maybe irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), but we'll have to see about that one...when I read about it.

Wish me luck!

No comments: