Wednesday, March 14, 2007


In the United States, we call it gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).

In the UK, they spell the esophagus as "oesophagus"...

so they call it GORD instead of GERD!

*rolls eyes* GORD just sounds weird.

1 comment:

Paul said...

I don't think gUrd sounds any better than gOrd... At least their version is pronounced the same way it's spelled. Stop bashing the British already :)