Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful Cover Boy (for Cell)

Our very own Alex Fay from the UCSF med class of 2010 has a first-author paper in Cell (February 2007). Not only that -- he's a cover boy! Congrats! Our class is so proud of him...if we ever have a question about gap junctions...we'll remember to ask.

I would talk more about our current block, Metabolism and Nutrition (abbreviated as M&N, which reminds me of M&M's or Eminem), but frankly I haven't been in class for a while and I haven't really started studying. Most of the last two weeks of February were spent at home in Los Angeles, and then last weekend I flew to Boston to pseudo-surprise my boyfriend on his birthday. Boston was wonderful...we saw a little play called "Almost, Maine," took advantage of restaurant week by eating lunch at Ruth's Chris (steaks fried in butter taste so sinfully good), and explored little shops and new businesses (to me). I visited my first Best Cellars (the people who supply wine to JetBlue), a very clever business that makes affordable wine more appealing and accessible to the average consumer. Bravo. Another new business that caught my eye: Johnny Cupcakes...a small shop that opened on Newbury St. specializing in punk-style printed t-shirts.

BlaH! So much work!

No comments: